Laser Valley Innovation bootcamp – The bootcamp will bring together some of the most promising researchers, entrepreneurs and students, who will work on potential innovative solutions, in mixed teams.
The purpose of the Laser Valley Innovation Bootcamp is to facilitate the connection of researchers from the National Research and Development Institutes with entrepreneurs and students to create new potential innovative projects or to progress with the development of existing initiatives, in a new setting - an innovation bootcamp.
During the 3 days, the participants will work side by side with researchers from national research and development institutes such as the Institute for Physics and Nuclear Engineering "Horia Hulubei" (IFIN-HH), the Institute for Physics of Lasers, Plasma and Radiation (INFLPR) , Institute for Materials Physics (INFM), Institute for Earth Physics (INFP), Institute for Microtechnology (IMT), Institute for Optoelectronics (INOE).
At the same time, the teams will include some of the most relevant entrepreneurs in tech, as well as students with a spirit of problem solving from the Bucharest Polytechnic University (UPB), the University of Bucharest (UB), the Academy of Economic Studies (ASE), EA – The Entrepreneurship Academy (EA) and more.
All of them will be joined by guests and contributors from among the stakeholders of the research and business environments in Romania.
Day 1, Thursday 15 June
- 16:00 – 16:30 – Check-in & warm-up networking
- 16:30 – 17:15 – Welcome, opening keynotes & panels
- 17:15 – 18:30 – Team formation according to Design Thinking methods
- 18:30 – 20:00 – Dinner & Brainstorming in teams
- 20:00 – 23:00 – Deep work in teams at the location
Day 2, Friday June 16
- 09:00 – 10:00 – Breakfast
- 10:00 – 12:00 – Deep work in teams
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch with the mentors
- 13:00 – 17:00 – Deep work in teams
- 17:00 – 18:00 – Dinner
- 18:00 – 23:00 – Deep work in teams at the location
in parallel with the slots above and optionally, team members can participate in:
- 13:00 – 15:00 – Sessions: brain dates with mentors information related to INCDs and available resources
- 15:00 – 15:30 – “Supercharge your project with the help of AI” by Google
- 16:00 - 16:30 - "Building a digital architecture" by BCR
- 18:00 – 18:30 – “Master building a deck & delivering a pitch” by How to Web
Day 3, Saturday June 17
- 09:00 – 10:00 – Breakfast
- 10:00 – 13:00 – Deep work in teams
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Lunch
- 16:00 – 18:00 – Demo Day
- 18:00 – 19:00 – Cocktail networking & dinner with live music
An initiative of the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitization, carried out in partnership with BCR and with the support of Magurele Science Park Association, Launch Community, Ora de Stiut.
The purpose of the Laser Valley Innovation Bootcamp is to facilitate the connection of researchers from the National Research and Development Institutes with entrepreneurs and students to create new potential innovative projects or to progress with the development of existing initiatives, in a new setting – an innovation bootcamp.
Want to join?
Disclaimer: The information and opinions presented in this website belong to the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Innovation Council and the Executive Agency for SMEs (EISMEA), the European Commission or other European institutions. EIC and EISMEA do not guarantee the accuracy of the data included in this website. Neither the EIC, EISMEA, the European Commission nor any person acting on their behalf can be held responsible for the use of this information.